All pupils from Year 7 to Year 11 receive Careers Education. This is primarily delivered in 6 week blocks during PSHCE Education. The topics covered in each year are tailored to the needs of pupils at the various stages of their school career. Broadly the topics are as follows...
- My Dream Future
- How Well I Know Myself
- The World of Work in our School
- My World of Work
- Challenging Gender Stereotypes
- Introduction to Decision Making
- "SMART" Targets
- Using Careers Info & Connexions
- Option Choice and Progression Routes
- Decision Making Using Kudos
- Introduction to Labour Market Information
- Individual Learning Plans
- Why Do Work Experience?
- Choices Post 16
- Job Skills and Qualities
- Presenting Myself- Building a CV
- Personal Statements and Career Planning
- Options and Progression Post 16
- Trends at Work
In addition to this there are a number of events that occur throughout the year designed to enhance Careers Education...
- Work Experience
- Options Evening
- Mock Interviews
- Post 16 Day
- Industry Days
- Enterprise Days
Useful website links...
Careers Personal Advisers
At Earlsheaton Technology College there are two Connexions Personal Advisers for Careers :- Adam Butterfield and Katherine Jones.
Their roles include...
- Being available on a drop-in basis at the Learning Resources Centre on a Monday and Thursday lunchtime for any pupils in Year 9-11.
- Attending Year 9 Options Evening and Parents’ Evenings for Year 9-11 to answer questions from parents.
- Introducing Year 9 pupils to the Connexions Resource Library and the Connexions Service.
- Informing and advising Year 10 about post 16 options.
- Arranging individual appointments with all year 11 pupils.
- Providing small group sessions for those wishing to apply for apprenticeships.
They can be contacted on...